Click photo to email.
My name is Whitney Heimlich Ingersoll
I am the Director of Admissions for SBMS and Community Dean.
I have taught at SBMS since September 1980.
I currently work with students in all grades teaching Guitar and Photography. Twice a year I create the bike trip AV productions and I am the Career Study Week Coordinator.
Throughout the year I run Whit's Warehouse (the school outfitting store), and in March I lead the SBMS Catalina Backpacking trip.
I am also the Alumni Director.
Some electives I’ve taught in the past are: Digital Photography, Circuit
Training, Doll Making, Singing, Speed Walking, Rock Polishing, History of
Santa Barbara, and Cooking.
I've had 2 sons attend SBMS: (Rivers, 2005 and Dawson, 2007).
My background is:
- I graduated from Laguna Blanca School, 1975
- I received a double major from Willamette University, BA: Psychology and Elementary Education., 1979
- I am on the Board of the Wilderness Youth Project
- I am a 5th generation Santa Barbaran.
My favorite poet is Robert Service
Favorite Book - The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
Favorite TV show - Northern Exposure
Favorite Hiking trails:
- Favorite ever - Napali coast: Kauai.
- Favorite in California - Mineral King: Western slope of the Sierra Nevada
- Favorite in Santa Barbara: Knapp Castle
- Favorite goal: Klondike Trail: Dyea to Lake Bennett
- Favorite hiking goal met: summiting Mt. Whitney!
Favorite Mountain Biking trail in SB: The Dragon's Spine (top of Refugio to
the San Marcos Pass)
Favorite School trip: Whatever trip I'm on!!
(OK: "The Promised Land" - Sacramento to Yosemite, 1985)
Favorite Quotation: Desiderata
Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in
Favorite Story: The Hindu Farmer
Favorite Thing to do with friends: Play Guitar, Sing & Harmonize!