Setting up your email
Add a new account to Mail
To connect with your new GAFE email using MAIL, just add a new account.
- Start by launching MAIL.
- Select "Preferences..." from the Mail menu.
- Make sure the blue "Accounts" tab is selected, then
- Click on the "+" sign in the lower left corner of the screen to add an account.
- Select "Google" as the type of account, and
- Click the "Continue" button.
- Begin the Google Apps sign in process by entering your SBMS email address, then
- Click "Next".
- Finish signing in by entering your password. (You created this when you signed in the first time. If you've misplaced this, I can reset it for you.)
- Again click "Next".
- Choose the Mac apps that you'd like to use with Google (Mail is the minimum). Syncing your Contacts and Calendar with Google seems like a good idea...
- Click on "Done" once you've made your selection.
Once the account is added, you should add more information to make Mail more efficient and personal.
- I recommend changing the "Description" field from the default (your email address) to something simpler.
- Adding your PASSWORD now will enable you to receive email without having to enter it every time later.
- Click on "General" (or any other part of the interface) to prompt Mail to save your changes.
After saving, the change in account description will show up in the left-hand column, losing the generic "Google" name, and showing your version.
You can now close the Preferences panel and start using MAIL with your new GAFE/SBMS email account!